Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sensational Strawberries


The boys were a huge help and
did most of the picking this year.
We had a great crop of strawberries again this year, but the very early spring made harvesting difficult.  Because they peaked over Memorial Day, while we were camping, I really missed out on the best of them.  Thankfully I am surrounded by farms with an abundance to sell.  This morning we plan to pick up about 10 quarts to replenish our jam supply. 
pomonapectin.com







When I first started making jam a few years ago I just couldn’t get over how much sugar I was adding to the recipe.  7 cups of sugar just seems insane for only one batch.  So I switched to Pomona’s Universal Pectin.  The recipes have no sugar and low sugar options.  No I don’t feel like I’m putting my family at risk for diabetes every time we have a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich.

Here are some other yummy treats we’ve enjoyed this spring… 
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Strawberry Chiffon Pie
Homemade Popsicles

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment