Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Best Things in Life...

For the price to drive about 15 miles to pick up some appliance boxes, I got some great gifts for my children this year. No batteries are required, no tiny pieces will get sucked up the vacuum and best of all, my boys will spend hours playing within the narrow confines of these humble buildings. Nothing frustrates me more than to have toys break before New Year's Day. But even if my kids play rough, I think a little duct tape can make their "Post Office" and "General Store" last 'til at least spring.

It's not that we can't afford the latest Elmo doll or gizmo from Apple for Christmas this year; but why? Why spend all that money to make our children feel like royalty when the focus should be on the Birthday of a King - Jesus.

By minimizing what we spend on gifts we have the freedom to give to others that are truly in need this Christmas.

Special thanks to Martin Appliance in Quarryville for providing hours of free fun.  www.martinsappliance.com



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! And I completely agree with your reasoning! Merry Christmas :)

    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete